Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Racy.

Yesterday I headed on down to Ascot Racecourse with some friend for the annual 'Race That Stops The Nation' aka: Melbourne Cup. Unfortunately I missed out on placing my bet since the race started just before I could put my ticket through the machine, but hey, it prevented me from losing some money. 

I'm trying to save some moolah for my trip away at the end of the year, so the only new item I purchased for the day was my flowery headband ($20 from Target thankyouverymuch) dress previously seen here and shoes previously here. Also brought some old school glam with some red and gold crescent style nails (loving this atm, already thinking what colour combo I'll go next week).

Didn't get a chance to take a proper photo before whizzing out the door, but I'm glad I at least got a quick one while I was still looking decent as it was super hot (we were sitting at a table outside without shade) and by midday I just felt all gross and sweaty/sticky from the heat. Although I didn't use it, I must give props to Yellowglen, the sponsors of the day, who provided a complimentary 'beauty touch up' area aka: makeup artists turned you from sweaty back into stunning.

And just on the note of makeup, if you're looking for a good liquid eyeliner that lasts the Bourjois Liner Feutre pictured below is definitely at the top of my list. I had this on during the day and even though it's not waterproof, still looked perfect when I got home and expected to look like a raccoon from the heat.

Lessons of the day: Win and place is probably a better bet than a boxed trifecta if you're a novice like me, apparently drinking alcohol from a straw actually does make you drunker quicker because of a chemical reaction between the alcohol and the plastic in the straw (or something like that) and when you're super hungry Chicken Treat from a food stall van tastes AMAZING haha.

All in all I had a pretty fab day, all the sun made me absolutely crash when I got home and I think I hit the hay before Fat Cat even made his appearance on tv.



1 comment:

Leave some love:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...