Tuesday, July 16, 2013

DIY: Candy Strands



I know that hair chalking isn't anything new, but given I don't have a corporate (or any) job to go to right now I thought I'd finally test it out.

Using this tutorial (I nixed the gloves and used heat protectant spray instead of water) and my hoarded high school art supplies I got to work making on myself look like I was joining Charlie and his unicorn friends on an adventure to Candy Mountain.

The colours turned out great on my lighter ombre ends, although the crusty-ness of the dried pastels took me back to Greece and having 3 days of salt water build up in my hair. Given I'm trying to get my hair back to a healthy state, this probably isn't something I'd do all too often, but probably good for a night out/costume party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...